Friday Morning, Oct 14 (Hospitality at 9am, prayer & meeting begins at 9:30AM)
- Family Centered Faith Symposium and Discussion - Attached/linked is a “pre-meeting” reflection sheet. Please take some time between now and the meeting to gather some of your thoughts about family faith formation. We can share some ideas & thoughts in a good discussion about this paradigm shift in viewing faith formation. Can it work? Is it possible? What will it take to succeed? If you really want more information, I suggest reading John Roberto’s latest book, “Families at the Center of Faith Formation”, especially the first chapter.
- Updates on the “Hearts on a Mission” Weekend, Saturday for ministry development and Sunday for the Regional Youth Event sponsored by collaborating parishes.
- Faithful Citizenship...this will be an interesting election year but this part of the agenda is not a political debate…. I have seen enough of those! What I do have is the USCCB bulletin insert sample about the right and privilege of voting. There is more than just a presidential race, also.
- Foundational Certification using The NEW Echoes of Faith 3.0 (online certification) and Echoes Plus, (in person certification). Schedule of online sessions and how to bring inperson sessions to your parish or PCA.
- Continuing Certification - What topics would you like to explore this year?
- 2016 & 2017 National Conferences
- THURSDAY, OCT 6 - OPEN, BUT CALL FIRST. I HAVE SOME ERRANDS TO RUN.
- FRIDAY, OCT 7 - CLOSED. Personal overtime hours.
- MONDAY, OCT 10 - CLOSED. Holiday
- TUESDAY, OCT 11 - OPEN, but I may not be available. Staff meeting in Eastern Region office.
- WEDNESDAY - FRIDAY, Oct 12- 15 - OPEN 9am - 4pm.
October 22 Hearts on a Mission!
Register soon! We must have a close count by October 15 to work with caterer and so presenters are prepared with handouts, etc. Please register today at faithformationevents.weebly.com
Remember, this is a diocesan event hosted in the east! If you have a large group and want to call in the registration, you may call 797-4030.
October is the month of Our Lady of the Rosary. Joe Paprocki of Loyola Press has posted a powerpoint to use with middle grades, 4-7. Check out the link below to his website. The powerpoint will also be uploaded on the easternecho blog for this week.
He even included the presenter notes!
Who is the baby in this picture?
We will be celebrating his feast day on October 22- the same day as Hearts on a Mission!
He was born in Poland.
Use this short biographic video for your class:
You can find the paper template in your Catechetical Leaders’ Handbook or on EasternEcho.org under “files”.
- St. Mark’s 9th grade retreat, with sponsors. January TBA Call Donna Prusko at 527- 4889
- St. Bernard’s & St. Joseph’s October 16 10:30am Mass - 4:00pm. Call Shannon Jones at 271-3952
- St. Leo/St. Ann in Holland Patent January 15 more info to come Call Judy Smith at 865-5371
- St. Joseph, Oneida & Holy Family,Vernon/St. Helena’s, Sherrill,
Confirmation retreat is April 1, 2017
Call Mary LaForest at 829-3295
- Historic St. John’s Confirmation Retreat in April TBA Call Annette Gape