Register today at bit.ly/syrhearts2016 for the diocesan event in the East!
October 22, 2016 at St. John the Evangelist, New Hartford.
A ministerial development day specially designed for
Catechists and Catechetical Leaders in today's Church
Yes, we know our catechists are very busy, but this is truly going to be special for them. In this energizing event, the morning workshop is based on an inspiring message from Pope Francis regarding catechesis. Everyone will participate in this energizing workshop with the Associate Directors and national speaker Lori Dahlhoff,EdD. Then, with round table facilitated discussions as part of the afternoon, your catechists will engage with other catechists throughout the diocese to share ideas, to work together and learn together. Please encourage and promote this event with your catechist. Faith formation is lifelong and ongoing and we can always benefit from a day of ministerial development.
The Circle of Care materials that were handed out as a new lesson packet to be put into your Circle of
Care Manual are not on the diocesan website yet. However, we did receive a PDF that can be passed on to you. Note: This is to be used for this year's 7th grade lesson. Also include it in other grades.
Click here: LINK TO PDF - Circles of Care "Sexting" Lessons.
(Resources are no longer in the office- See Room G Resource Library hours below)
Hours are always posted on easternecho.org
Mon 9/26 - Available 9am - 4:30pm
Tues 9/27- Available 9am - 4:30pm
Wed 9/28- Available 9am - 4:00pm
Thu 9/29 - NOT AVAILABLE (Family Symposium in Avon, Conn.)
Fri 9/30- NOT AVAILABLE (Family Symposium in Avon, Conn.)
Mon 10/3 - Available 9am - 4:30pm
Office Extreme Makeover!
Feast of the Guardian Angel is Oct 2
- Have students make Guardian Angel Prayer Cards for infants baptized during the past year and have extras for upcoming baptisms. Use Prayer to My Guardian Angel. Here is a very simple one:
to whom God's love commits me here,
ever this day be at my side,
to light and guard, to rule and guide.
- Make Angel ornament with paper clip, ribbon and bead. See image:
- Family Fun - Send recipes that families can make and eat together such as Angel Hair Pasta, Angel Food Cake, etc
- Note: As with all lessons, be careful of the resources you choose and the message that is presented about Guardian angels.
- Note also that the Feast of Sts. Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael, Archangels is September 29
- Do you have ideas for the Feast of Guardian Angels? Share them below in the comment section or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
You know the movement of faith in my heart, O God.
You know my enthusiasm to share the wonders of your Son
May my faith-filled enthusiasm include a patient, listening heart.
May my presence to my learners include a serene and sacred silence.
Let me embrace my learners' words and hear their questions.
Let me leave my thoughts unspoken so as to be hushed by their wonder.
For there within my listening stance, my learners speak truth.
And there within my learners' truth we all encounter you.