Partnering with Parents - Faith Formation Possibilities
Professional Development Series - Partnering with Parents
1. Statistic Reports Due November 1st. Send to Regional Director.
The regional director tallies up all parish statistics in the region into a report that will then be combined with the other regions. The diocesan totals will then be sent to Fr. Elmer for the diocesan report. Always keep a copy of your report as well.
- October 18 - Chris Padgett at St. John the Evangelist. Sponsored by the Diocese of Syracuse Office of Faith Formation. Registration for this event is located HERE
- October 22 - Justin Fatica - Sponsored by the collaborating parishes of the Eastern Region for all parishes to experience. Click HERE for more information. Please let Dick Vetere know approximately how many students will be attending (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please encourage your catechists to attend this workshop day! Share the following promotional materials with them via email, parish website and/or handout flyers.
- Promotional Video
- Promotional Flyer - 8 x11
- Promotional Flyer - Quarter sheets
- Website Information And Registration (Group registration available)
The Diocese is helping the Office of Faith Formation vision for a future that meets the parish needs and expectations to provide effective catechesis. Within this process of study, a survey will be sent to all pastors and all Catechetical Leaders within the next few weeks. Please make sure you complete the survey which will take about 15 minutes. This is VERY important that everyone participates. The survey will be sent via email from Hezel Associates. We will send a notification from our office to let you know that it has been sent.
5. Roadshow - Pastoral Leadership - The overall theme for the 2017-2018 Road Shows is "Equipping Missionary Disciples." The Road Shows will focus on what diocesan offices offer by way of training, initial and ongoing education/formation, leadership development, and opportunities for certification and advanced study. Presenters for the October 2017 Road Shows include: Lisa Hall (Family/Respect Life); Fr. Lou Aiello (Permanent Diaconate); Bob Walters (Youth and Young Adult Ministry.Opportunities for ministry leadership and education. First one in the east is October 26, here at St. John’s.
6. Last Month's Meeting Slides - September, 2017
Slides Click Here
If you did not review last month's meeting, please take a look at the slides. There was A LOT of information, plus the professional development piece.
What does it mean to Partner with Parents?
Please review the following slide presentation. Click the gear in the black tool bar on the bottom of presentation to see presenter notes OR click this link to view the presentation from Google in a new window.
Our next meeting is not until December 7 & 8. As we did last year, the meeting will permit those wanting to attend Mass can join us at St. John the Evangelist. More info to come.
This will be our Advent Reflection - Spiritual Development. Over the next 5 weeks, your weekly update will include a retreat type resource on the Kerygma Experience. Do as much or as little as you want. It will be a prayerful journey to prepare for Advent. Then in Advent, we will take this deeper. We will also have time for sharing.
January meeting we will return to professional development series.
I am leaving this comment area open if you would like to share insights from the material, ask questions, or suggest a topic for professional development.