This month's agenda included:
- Meet Mark Capellazzi, St. Bernard's Director for Recruitment and Financial Aid
- Family Events Presentations, slides and handouts are posted
- This month's info Packet which includes flyer for Annual Dinner, Safe Environment and VBS Reminders, Mark your Calendars May - November, St. Bernard's Info Night
585-271-3657 ext. 289 | 315-343-5557
St. Bernard's School of Theology:
Meet Mark Capellazzi!
Mark came to our meeting via Facetime! St. Bernard's began as a Roman Catholic Seminary in 1893, then was restructured for Theological and Ministerial studies 1981. It was one of the first seminaries to open its doors to the laity. St. Bernard's initiated its extension programs in 1989 in Albany and more recently here in Syracuse in 2011. Students in the Syracuse area can take St. Bernard’s graduate courses in the Diocese of Syracuse. Classes are held at Le Moyne College. Students can take classes via video-conferencing at several locations throughout Upstate New York.
Mark will be returning to Syracuse for Information Nights in the following areas:
This year's theme is "Hospitality of the Heart"
with a Luau theme.
Date: May 7 from 5:30 Cash Bar
8:30 end.... or not!
Fun, Friends, Prayer, and Freebies!
FLYER and Invitations
The above link to the Invitation Packet Includes
- A flyer with all information for you and to use if your parish is not paying for everyone
- A flyer without costs listed to share with those you are inviting if your parish is paying for guests
- Small RSVP sheets to use as invitations
- Your tally sheet to submit for reservations...make a copy to use as your bill if you need to turn a bill in to accounting
- If you would like the flyer customized in a different way, please let me know
Important Reminders for Summer VBS
& the 2018-19 Year
This is gentle reminder regarding the policy for teens and "Protecting God's Children" training. If you have teenagers who are catechists for regular faith formation sessions or VBS sessions please attend to the following policy information:
According to the diocesan Child and Youth Protection Policy, all clergy, all members of religious communities, all employees, and any volunteer whose ministry places them in regular contact with minors are required to participate in the “Protecting God's Children Training for Adults”(those 18 years of age and older).
While it is recommended that teenagers 16 & 17 years of age are not required to attend "Protecting God's Children" training, it is highly recommended that they do so.
As this program was designed for the adult population, it is necessary that parental permission be granted in order for teens between the ages of 16 & 17 to attend.
*Teens age 15 and younger are not permitted to attend the training.
To allow a 16 & 17-year-old son/daughter to participate in this training a permission form must be completed and brought to the Safe Environment session indicating that the parent has authorized their teenager's to attendance.
Summer Youth Program
Please don't forget that there are hundreds of brochures for the Summer Youth Program, now in its 23 year!
If you would like, I can bring them to you or you can stop at the office to pick them up.
These can easily be mailed to your students.
St. Augustine's Church (315)638-0864
If you would like to contact Maura for more information, here is her contact info:
St. Mary's of the Lake (315) 685.5083