Catechetical Leaders & Youth Ministers Meeting welcomes...
Holy Door of Mercy and Cathedral Tours
Field Trip Idea for your students!
On Saturdays during Lent, faithful are invited to enter the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception through the Holy Door of Mercy and take a tour of the diocese's Mother Church! This is a wonderful opportunity for parishes from across the diocese to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Door during the Year of Mercy and in observance of Lent.
To set up a tour, please contact Sister Maureen at the Cathedral at 315-422-4177.
DATES: Feb. 20, 27 and March 5, 12, 19.
Eastern Region Office Hours this week:
Tuesday, Feb. 23: Not Available, but will take calls & emails (personal time)
Wednesday, Feb. 24: Not available (staff meeting)
Thursday, Feb. 25: Open 9am - 9pm (CL & YM meeting from 6:30 - 8:30pm)
Friday, Feb. 26: Open 8:30am - 1pm (CL & YM meeting from 9:30am -11:30am)
I will not be available February 29th - March 11 as I will be on vacation. If you need materials, please call St. John's Office of Faith Formation (724-4347) and either Cheryl Smith or Denise Godemann will help you. You will need to enter the building from the Sherman street entrance. This is the case actually for any day listed as "Not Available"
Emailing: I will be checking my email periodically during the two weeks.
Other Interesting Days Coming Up!
- Psalm 25:9 - He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way.
- Proverbs 18:12 - Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, But humility goes before honor.
- Luke 18:14 - I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.
- Colossians 3:12 - So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;
- Don't forget to check out the March diocesan link to mysyrdio e-resources! If you haven't subscribed, you still can!
- Check out this video chat with the Pope speaking to students with disabilities at https://youtu.be/-ZJ2rQhD9GI
- Visit the Diocesan Disabilities Website at http://allrwelcome.weebly.com/ for many resources.
March is "National Women's History Month" - Study the women saints of our nation!
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, S.C.Founder of the Sisters of Charity of St. Joseph. Considered founder of the Catholic School system in the US.
St. Marianne Cope, O.S.F.Missionary to the lepers of Molokai, Hawaii
St. Katharine Drexel, S.B.S.School builder and founder of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament (March 3 feast)
St. Kateri TekakwithaNative American and consecrated virgin
St. Mother Théodore Guérin, S.P.Missionary and founder of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
St. Rose Philippine Duchesne, R.S.C.J.Missionary to Native Americans
Blessed Sister Miriam Teresa, S.C.Sister of Charity of St. Elizabeth
- Have students study these women of faith then video tape "interviews" with these saints. Post the video on vimeo or youtube.
- Have students create online digital posters researching these saints.
- Have students consider service projects or outreach projects that highlight the efforts of one of these saints.
This past year has had a focus on the Strong Catholic Family. There are certainly many challenges to engaging families in faith formation. Since the focus began in September, have you had any family events or new initiatives that you started that has encouraged a renewed focus on family faith formation? Share your ideas, concerns, hopes, etc.