- Summer Hours: Pay attention to the calendar on home page!
- Reminder: Technology in the Catechetical setting - Summer Tech Sessions begin next week
- New Catholic Shop...located in Syracuse
- Keeping Faith Alive During Summer by Nancy Bird, RCLBenziger
- Diving Deep: Professional Development for Catechetical Leaders (Living as Missionary Disciples)
My office availability is sporadic as our office staff will be doing much planning outside of the regional office. Please refer to the calendar on the home page of easternecho.org.
If you are interested in any of the workshops or lab time for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, you can call, email or just show up!
If you have questions,
(This is the new mobile number for the Eastern Region Office)
PDF Flyer Download HERE
Looking for another place to purchase Catholic gifts and items?
Keep Faith Alive During the Summer
By Nancy Bird, Director at RCL Benziger
Professional Development for Catechetical Leaders
"Evangelization and catechesis are among the principal means by which the Church hands on the faith......Catechesis is an indispensable stage in the rich, complex and dynamic reality of evangelization. It is a remarkable moment in the whole process of evangelization," (NDC, pg 41-42).
As we look to strengthen our catechetical programs and engage our families in the process of faith formation, evangelizing our younger members and inviting them into relationship with Christ through Word and Witness, I would like to spend some of this summer looking at a newly released document from USCCB. Every couple of weeks, we will look at some of the text and worksheets from this manual.
PDF of the above sections - Download HERE
The entire manual is located at: www.usccb.org/about/evangelization-and-catechesis/
- In what ways do you currently see your catechetical program as part of the process of missionary discipleship? How are you preparing catechists to answer the call to form "missionary disciples"?
- How can your catechetical program embrace the four stages of missionary disciples: Encounter, Accompany, Community and Send?
- What do each of these stages mean to you in context of the Six Tasks of Catechesis?
- Catechesis is a "work of evangelization" and is a fundamental element in the mission of the Church. "Catechists therefore need to embrace a larger role as evangelizing agents who are skilled in the process of evangelization5 and carefully equipped to discern the opportune moments when a person’s initial faith is ready to be deepened with catechesis. Catechists themselves need to be evangelized in an ongoing way as well." In what ways can you encourage catechists to embrace their call and engage in ongoing faith formation?